Small businesses are what help shape America. Small businesses play a huge role in job creation, providing goods and services to consumers and other businesses, and even contributing to our nation’s economy. However, sustaining a business isn’t always easy, and certainly comes with its challenges. In an effort to keep business operations running smoothly and affordably, many of today’s SMB models are changing. More and more small businesses are looking for new, innovative business models that maintain operations while also keep costs low. One area where this model is helpful is with a vCIO or virtual CIO. Learn more about how a vCIO – virtual Chief Information Officer in West Hollywood can help your small business.
A vCIO, or virtual CIO is a contractor that works as an organization’s chief information officer. The main role of the vCIO is to collaborate with the business’ IT departments to manage, monitor, and perform technical an security functions, and even manage budget break downs and other areas of strategic planning.
Some of the typical responsibilities of a vCIO include the following:
- Forming and planning strategic IT goals
- Planning the IT budget
- Analyzing and reworking business processes
- Facilitating technology changes
- Maintain IT infrastructure
- Work with customers to plan a technology roadmap
- Identify opportunities to integrate new tools
- Make technology-related decisions for the organization
If you are a small business and you are looking for some tips in what to look for in a vCIO – Virtual Chief Information Officer, then consider the following:
- The ability to link IT systems to business objectives
- A knowledge of technology trends likely to impact the customer
- A firm grasp of IT project planning and management
- Experience in IT budget planning
Call Biztek Solutions today at (800)353-5430 to learn more about vCIO – virtual Chief Information Officer in West Hollywood.